1.15.2010

free friday

Today I did my very best to clear my head of all the inner dialogue { aka the doubts } that have been running on a 30-second loop for the past weeks. To center and find that balance point within. Not all the way there, but certainly MUCH closer than I was just a few days ago when everything seemed so topsy-turvy and just beyond my grasp.

I wish I could say there was some sort of "miracle" solution that I could turn to every time the doldrums { that word always makes me think of The Phantom Tollbooth } start to overtake me, but the scissor to snap some of the weight and worry free is always a different form, a different source of inspiration and comfort.

This afternoon I put my iTunes library on shuffle, turned up the volume, and just soaked up some happiness in the form of some of my favorite artists, one of whom is elizabeth & the catapult The music is infectious, uplifting and just silly. { Also, if you at are all interested the entire album is only $5 in Amazon's mp3 download -- which is a steal and a half! }

If you can spare three minutes or so, click here to watch a live performance of a song that never fails to put a smile on my face.

No comments: